Thursday, December 17, 2009

Birthdays

I've been sitting around lately thinking of Emerson's first birthday. I know it's 2 months away but I try to be a planner then usually slack off later. So I better use this motivation while I have it. I'm thinking something small and low key. But, I'm definitely getting her a monogram shirt like this one. Isn't it cute?!?! Etsy is a endless place to look for birthday supplies. Things that I don't have the money to waste on but have fun looking at. Like this fun birthday sign. I wonder if I could somehow figure out how to make one on my own. Then I searched around for invitations. I thought I might could design one myself but then I probably will spend entirely too much time on it and still end up buying something. Ha! I looked on etsy and nothing really stood out to me. I know it sounds stupid but they all looked too pink to me. Too pink for a girl? Yep, a lot of them were baby pink and I prefer the loud hot pink. Something a little funky. What about cake? Did you make your own? I'm thinking I will hesitantly try to. I'm not sure if Emerson will even have cake because you know you don't get cake if you don't even eat real food. Ha. I'm a mean Mama like that. Is there a healthier recipe for cake? Perhaps carrot cake? Or is that just a trick to make you think it has some nutritional value. So tell me about your 1st birthday planning.

No comments: