Tuesday, March 30, 2010

13 months

Could it be that it has really been a month since Emerson's big birthday? I can't believe it! But, Emerson is now 13 months. She has been changing everyday and is really such a joy to be around. She is rather giggly, ticklish, and all around delightful. Not a day passes that she doesn't make me burst out laughing. She has started to say dog and will even bark going "woof, woof." To make it even better when we go on a walk and the neighborhood dogs go nuts she will wave at them and bark back. She even said what sounded like Hey Dada last week. Her new trick is to find her belly button and she is very proud of that. I have no idea how she learned it but, when I say, "Where is Emerson's belly button?" she pulls up her shirt and points to hers. More proof of her smart little brain is when I asked her if she was hungry the other day she signed for milk. She's making the connection between what I say! She has been signing milk for a long time but it was prompted by her and not a question. Emerson also starts clapping when I sing "If you are happy and you know it.....Clap your hands!" She also likes to strum her lips and play a little song for us. Another word she has been saying a lot is "Doh". I have no idea what that word is. But, apparently she really means it. I don't have any fancy 13 month pictures yet but here is her enjoying her beach weekend. She was chatting up a storm to me saying, "Doh."
Because I'm feeling nostalgic here is Emerson around this time last year. What a difference a year makes!

1 comment:

Nicole Johnson said...

She's getting to be such a big girl!!