Friday, March 5, 2010

12 Month Check-up

It was nice to go the Doctor and not be sick. It was time for Emerson's 12 month check-up. She charmed everyone by smiling and giggling. Even saying hi to complete strangers in the waiting room. She seems to think she is pretty cute. Where did she get that idea??? Anyways she now weighs 15lb 9.5oz, still around 5th percentile, and 28 inches tall (25%). So long and skinny. Every girls dream! Ha! The pediatrician and I discussed her eating habits or lack there of. In the past day Emerson has decided she likes goldfish and tortilla strips. Of all things! The Dr. found it pretty humorous and said not to worry she will eat real food in her own time and can thrive off breastmilk for 2 years! Yes, 2 years! Isn't that crazy?!? I'm continue to be amazed by the human body. Even though she is not a big eater I'm so thankful that we have such a great nursing relationship where I can provide with such great nutrition! Now, can someone bring me an extra large fry and some cupcakes? I'm getting pretty hungry supplying all this milk!

No comments: