Monday, April 30, 2012

Emerson 3 Years Old

bwmar16_9
I figured I should maybe post an update on Emerson before she turns 4! Time is flying by. These pictures were taking awhile ago, but really she rarely lets in a good picture these days. She picked out this dress all by herself with a gift card she got to Old Navy for her birthday. She kept telling me she needed to get shoes to match. They learn early!
mar16_7blur
She says the funniest things everyday and I hope that I can remember her silliness down the road. Every morning she wakes up and says, "I'm hungy." When I ask her what she would like she says ice cream.  But, after a quick no she will ask for mommy's cereal or daddy's cereal. I think calling it our cereal is so much more appealing. She has gotten really into puzzles. Around breakfast time she loves to do all of her puzzles one after the other. I never thought she would enjoy such a quiet time. She also has become quite the artist, coloring non stop. I think we may run out of space in our endless supply of coloring books if that is possible! Last year this time, she would maybe do one scribble with a crayon. Then just peel the wrappers.  Emerson loves to sing! She will put on a show and sing to the top of her lungs, most of the time making up her own songs. She also sings loudly in the store.  It amazes me though how she will pick up the lyrics to songs so quickly. Of course she still loves to dance! She knows the basic ballet moves, in addition to her own signature moves. 

bwmar16_12
It seems she has a great memory on certain things. Mark has told her the story of Jonah and the Fish and she could easily retell it with so much detail and lots of theatrics! She will open her Bible to that chapter and "read' it to Ezra. Lately she has been telling me to close my eyes and she will pray for every person she knows. She enjoys church and loves to learn more about Jesus. She will be attending Vacation Bible School this year and I know she have an awesome time. 

mar16_10b
As far as toys she is of course into princesses. Dress-up is big around our house. She plays with her Rapunzel figurines nonstop and loves baby dolls. She also puts them all to bed all over the house. Sometimes I find a few tucked away in our bed, or Ezra's bed. She has recently gotten into Disney movies and loves all the classics. She loves Cinderella, Belle, and Aladdin. Oddly enough my favorites as a little girl. As a result she thinks birds outside will fly into your hand at any given moment. Emerson has become a fan of Strawberry Shortcake and talks about her nonstop. The series is on Netflix and that is her number one choice. Another 80's favorite. Last year she was on wardrobe repeat wearing only a few dresses. She has become more diverse actually wearing a lot of things I pick out. Although she does have her own style. She even wore blue the other day which completely surprised me! She usually is on a pink and orange kick. At 23 lbs she can wear 18 month pants but is slowly moving into 3T dresses since she is getting taller! I never though she would get to 3T but she has hit a growth spurt! With long legs she creeping up the growth chart. Emerson has become a social butterfly. Weekly she tells me how much her friends love her. We need to work on humility! Ha! She loves meeting friends and can go to any park and walk away with a new pal. She has group of buds that live on our street and has such a good time with them. Recently she told me she wanted to go to school! I suppose she realized that there are tons of friends there! I asked her if she wanted to leave me at home. She thought about it and graciously said I could come too. She takes being a big sister seriously, always trying to "supervise" her little brother. Telling him what he can play with, eat, you know like any big sister would do. Lately she has become possessive of her Mommy and Daddy to Ezra. She says, "My Mommy!" When I told her that I'm his Mommy too she said, "That's not very nice." With lips sticking out and all. I couldn't help but laugh. Never a dull moment with this girl! 

No comments: