Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ezra is One!

mar16_29 haze
Ezra turned one on Wednesday! These pictures were actually taken at 11 months but since I hadn't shared an 11 month post I figured they would work. I really can't believe a year has gone by. What a whirlwind! When I found out we were having a boy I could never have imagined such a sweet, and loving little guy. To be honest I was quite nervous. But, I am so filled with love for my little boy.What a wonderful gift he is. So in the last couple months we have seen huge changes! Obviously from my recent posts he is already walking! He toddles around the house all day now and is so proud of himself and so are we. I was a little sad I would no longer see his super fast crawl when he gets excited. But, now he will open his arms up wide and speed walk to get to us when he is happy. It's adorable of course. He's starting to babble a lot. He is a social guy, always waving and saying hi to people and cars passing bye. He tries to repeat a lot of words that we say. It cracks me up. Ezra is a little parrot. Although he is still calling me Dada. I'm looking forward to the next couple months when he starts to say more and more words. In the last month he has really began to show interest in food. He has jumped straight for the big guy food. His favorite is grilled cheese. If he sees us eating something good he says, "yum, yum, yum." For only having two teeth he eats regular food rather well. He is far too independent to have anyone feed him, making for messy mealtimes. Ezra really has a wonderful personality. He is funny, affectionate, and very playful. Whenever I'm holding him he will swing his body to the front to see what I'm doing and laugh. His own game of peak a boo. He has great love for his sister when she is not torturing him. He loves to play with her toys and gets super excited to see her as well as his Daddy. I feel like he has grown up so much faster. He skipped all the baby toys and wants to do what Emerson does. In just the last week alone he has tried to color, and paint. But, if we really want to hold his attention all we have to do is get a ball out. He has been walking around the house with a putter, hitting a ball. It's really amazing the coordination he has. He also loves to play soccer, kicking the ball around. I can really see he is starting to understand how things work. He tries to put shoes on, hats, Emerson's clothes, comb his hair, and recently got a toilet paper roll out of the trash and tried to put it back on the holder. 

A big update in our house is praise the Lord, he is sleeping through the night! Well, most of the time. After a months of terrible sleep for all of us he finally slept a small stretch of 5 hours, then 8, then close to 10. Amazing! He has been sharing a room with Emerson now for a little over a month or more now and it's going well. I feel much more rested and I'm sure Ezra does too! 



mar16_37
Look at this smile. How blessed are we to be able to see it every single day. I posted on facebook last week how I kept thinking of the hours following his birth how I watched him sleeping and listened to the birds singing as the the sun came up. It was such a beautiful time, and sweet memory. Hopefully it will always stay fresh in my mind. 

I'll post some birthday cake eating pictures next week hopefully. Let's just say this boy loves a good cupcake. Homemade by Mom of course. Happy Birthday Ezra Bean! We sure do love you. 

No comments: