Sunday, December 4, 2011

Trip to the Apple Orchard

applehillcollage
Make this post one in my going back in time to update our blog. We had a very fun trip to the apple orchard back in OCTOBER! But, I'm just now getting around to posting this. I had never been apple picking but thought that Emerson would really enjoy it. So while we were close to the mountains we made the trip to Apple Hill Orchard where you could pick your own apples. We started off with a wagon ride to tour the orchard and learned a lot about apple growing in general. After our ride we stopped for a snack. Apple cider doughnuts and hot apple cider! Delicious doesn't even come close to describing it.  Emerson wouldn't try the doughnut but I didn't mind she left more for me. We ventured out to pick apples. Emerson was so excited. We picked gold rush, golden delicious, fuji, rome, and more. Emerson took a bite in no less than 5 apples as we filled our basket. She thought it was an apple buffet. Ezra even enjoyed playing with an apple or two. We filled our baskets to the rim and enjoyed a few apples along the way.

applehillcollage2
While we were walking the route we saw some horses very close to the fence. We walked Emerson over and she was reluctant since she wanted to pick more apples. But, as soon as she saw the horses she started running saying, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" These horses were no strangers to visitors as they came right up to us. I even got a little horse kiss on my shoulder. We fed them some apples and they were extremely grateful. As well as I'm sure half of the visitors. I just loved seeing her eyes light up since she loves horses. We had a wonderful time and I know we will come back next year. The apples were great too! What a fun tradition to start. 

No comments: