Friday, December 9, 2011

Disney on Ice

We were more than excited to tell Emerson that she was going to "Disney on Ice" yesterday. We had told her about at all because she wouldn't understand when we were going etc. But, instead I put it on our home made advent calendar. When she woke up from her nap I asked her if she wanted to find out what we were doing today. When I read, "Go see Rapunzel!," she lit up. She kept talking about it and as soon as Mark got home she told him, "Going to see Rapunzel with Avery!" She put on her rapunzel dress and after some convincing put on a shirt underneath because it was going to be cold!

Here they are waiting on our tickets. She told us about ten times on the way she wanted to see Rapunzel.

Walking around the outside of the RBC Center


We ended up having really good seats! Much better than I had thought we would have. 

Trying to take a picture of Emerson and Avery. Not an easy task with all the excitement. Emerson kept asking on the way, "Is Avery excited? I'm excited?"

I had never been to disney on ice so I didn't know what to expect. They went through three disney stories and acted it out. The princess and the frog with Tiana was first. Even Ezra was entertained!

Next was Cinderella. I thought the costumes were amazing!
Finally we got to Rapunzel's story and Emerson stood up. It was really an amazing production. Rapunzel and Flynn were suspending in the air by her hair flying around. 

Emerson couldn't stop watching. When Maximus came out she yelled, "Maximus, it's you!" She danced and twirled around, having a blast. This morning I could hear yelling coming from her room at 7am. I walked in and she was reciting lines from Tangled. She lifted up her hand and said, "I"m Rapunzel." Needless to say I think she really enjoyed it. What a wonderful memory to have. 

No comments: