Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Traditions

We've really enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit this year. 

Ezra tried to escape out the back door to help with the tree.

I created advent garland full of christmas activities leading up until christmas day.  It's been full of crafts, outings, and treats. Here we used ice cream cones and decorated them with homemade buttercream and sprinkles. Voila! A Christmas tree.  Emerson first drank her sprinkles (the whole bowlful) then ate the cone. I must say it was delicious. 



I had seen on this idea on pinterest. I worked on a Christmas tree that was bigger than planned. Over 6 feet to be exact and I couldn't get it to stick to the wall. But, after I cut it in half it worked perfectly and it was the ideal height for a 2 year old to decorate. We have been busy baking christmas treats and yesterday Emerson delivered cookies to our neighbors and said, "Merry Christmas!" I love getting her in the spirit of giving. Only  5 more days until Christmas Day!

No comments: