Friday, October 7, 2011

Farm Day

Farmapalooza-23 copy
Back to our farm day adventure. Every week I deliver for The Produce Box. My route goes out to Durham and back up to Raleigh. On the way back I always pass a rural area, which is funny because it's very close to Hwy 70. But, we always stop the car and say hi to the horses. This week I saw a sign for a farm-a-palooza and I was immediately intrigued. I googled the farm and found that they were having food, music, and most importantly you can visit the animals. The goats were super interested in us since we had some feed for them.

Farmapalooza-35
This guy was the boss man. Pushing everyone else out of the way to get some food.

Farmapalooza-32
Emerson eventually warmed up and feed the goats herself.  She was so excited. We even got to pet a bunny rabbit. 

Farmapalooza-43
Another one of the goats. 


bwFarmapalooza-41
Emerson was so interested in the animals but sometimes cautious since they would jump over top of the fence.  There were also chickens, pigs, and sheep. 
Farmapalooza-57
We invited our neighbors and Emerson's good friend Addie. She was very excited that Addie was there. They have become great friends! I love how they are both smiling but not looking at the camera. Ha!

Farmapalooza-17
We spent some more time on the farm and took a stroll through the fields.  It was crisp and perfect fall weather. 
farmblog2
Ezra enjoyed a snack break, and Emerson "fixed" my hair. One of her favorite pass times lately.

bwFarmapalooza-85
Emerson held Ezra for a little bit but I'm sure that won't work much longer! We had a really great time at the farm and even picked up some freshly laid eggs. We will definitely visit again!

No comments: