Monday, August 24, 2009

Sitting Pretty

Emerson sat up by herself for the first time on Saturday! Well, it was only for like 5 seconds. But, that still counts right? I have every confidence that she has the strength to do it she just knows if she is on the floor she can go places. She's not one to sit back and watch. This Saturday Emerson and I took a little trip to Apex to visit a green baby store. I got her a new diaper cover in a lovely shade of green and while I was browsing I noticed the infamous Sophie. I had heard so much about this all natural rubber teether. I figured it was worth looking at. As I picked it up and asked the sales lady, "Do kids really like this thing?," my baby burst into laughter and smiles. My baby, who rarely smiles in public had a moment of outward joy and ignored that someone else was watching. So we decided to give Sophie a chance and I must say she has lived up to her praises. Emerson has loved holding her, chewing her, and throwing that giraffe all over the place. I think they are going to be great friends.


3 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I have heard good things about it to, I need to maybe invest in one!

The Donley's said...

Chatham LOVES Sophie, he chews on it's legs! And he sat up this weekend too- our kids must be on the same wave length! haha

The Landis Family said...

Well I saw pictures at Chatham and I think he might be a little better at it. Haha.