Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrate

Finally a post about Emerson's actually birthday! We decided not to do a huge party this year. But, to instead do something low key. It ended up being 75 on her birthday. The day she was born it was freezing and sleeted! So maybe we would have had a big party if we had known everyone could have been outside enjoying the beautiful day! Anyways Mark made us french toast for breakfast and we had a yummy lunch at Parker and Otis. Well we did and Emerson watched. She refused to eat her cheddar biscuit so we ate it. Ha! After nap failure we headed to the park for some cupcakes. 
Here is me explaining to blow out the candle and she did much to my surprise. But, then tried to eat the candle she was so excited about the cupcake!
I think they were a hit. 
Yummy! Such a change from last year. 
We made chocolate cupcakes with homemade vanilla buttercream icing and a touch of sprinkles. After making buttercream from scratch last year I'll never use can icing. It's so easy and delicious. I tried to make cake pops but sadly failed. So if anyone knows how to cover them without them failing apart let me know. Because they were tasty just not pretty. 
We were overwhelmed by the presents Emerson got. She really needs nothing. She was happy with the balloons I got her. :) But, she loved the "cute" clothes. 

She was very into opening the birthday presents this year. Could not get enough of it.  Her birthday outfit consisted of an adorable tutu and precious necklace my friend Nicole gave me from Stella and Dot.  Emerson loves it!

Here she is trying on some more jewels.
Our family picture. 
Emerson enjoyed her birthday the rest of the week. 

Gotta love the heels!

No comments: