I decided to participate in Carrie's survey fun since I'm holding a sick baby.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I had a baby. breastfed, changed cloth diapers, chewed a little person's nails, little things like that. Ha!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any resolutions last year. I was preoccupied with the birth of Emerson. This year I would like to improve in my photography, get back into shape, read the bible more, and serve others.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My SIL, and tons of people I go to church with or went to school with in the past. It was a year for babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Fortunately not.
5. What places did you visit? We traveled quite a bit. We went to the Outer Banks, Charleston, NC mountains, Pilot Mountain, Wilmington, and Conover.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Organized. I feel so scatter brained and it has gotten worse since having a baby.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Emerson's birthday obviously.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Nursing Emerson successfully to date. It has big goal for me to keep it going.
9. What was your biggest failure? I would say lack of organization, keeping in touch with people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had mastitis but I think that's it.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tie between my new lens and my ergobaby carrier. Although the lens was a gift.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Emerson's incredible growth and development. We are so proud of her. Mark, for being a wonderful Daddy and provider. All of our family for supporting us.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The woman in NC who sold her daughter in prostitution. Made my stomach turn.
14. Where did most of your money go? Target, Wal-Mart, and Earthfare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being a Mom, learning photography skills.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Nick, nack, patty wack, give a dog a bone? It's on every toy we have.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier
b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) Richer or poorer? We're down one income so I would say poorer but still blessed.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? Stayed Christmas Eve in Raleigh, opened presents at our house Christmas day, then headed to Conover.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fell in love with Little Emerson.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Glee, So you think you can dance, The Office, Fringe, and LOST.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Mark made me amazing fish tacos, and coffee ice cream. It was a really good birthday.
24. What was the best book you read? Sadly I don't think I've read a book except for baby books!
25. What did you want and get? My camera lens
26. What did you want and not get? Yoga DVD. Ha!
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't really go the movies this year. The Proposal was pretty funny.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes, neighbors, people at church.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not a thing.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Whatever is comfortable and I can nurse in easily. I do tend to wear cowboy boots with everything.
31. What kept you sane? Chatham and My mother
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I really like The Dog Whisperer, I think we could be friends. :) Also Christian singer Bethany Dillon. I saw her in concert and she is adorable.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Tax dollars going to fund abortions.
34. Who did you miss? My family since they don't live here.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Cherish the moments.
If you feel.... the urge! Copy & paste, fill out, & share the link in my comments once you are finished with your own version