Wednesday, December 8, 2010

21 weeks and 21 months

Sorry for the lack of updating. You know how it is with the holidays. Time just flies by. I'm starting to feel a lot better and I'm hoping it sticks. So I might have a  nice window of normalcy before I start to become uncomfortable. So far just some round ligament pains and feeling huge.  Below is a 21 weeks picture with Emerson for comparison. The only thing I really have been craving is Bojangles. Of course oh so healthy fried chicken would be my craving. I have an appointment next week so we'll see where my weight gain stands. Emerson also turned 21 months! I have to admit I forgot but I guess at this point we can just say she is almost two.



She has been quite a character lately and definitely shows me she is a full fledged toddler. Ha! She is definitely strong willed and voices her opinion. But, of course she now says please which means she can have anything she wants, right? Well at least in her mind. She still absolutely loves books. She is also is a girly girl wearing necklaces, and carrying around a purse and shows preference to different outfits. Emerson hasn't began eating vegetables yet which I had my fingers crossed would happen  before Christmas. But, she does eat tons of fruits. One of the biggest developments is napping and sleeping through the night! I have to admit I was really worried when I got pregnant that she would never sleep well. But, after a strong effort on the nap front we finally got into a routine and she naps 2-3 hours a day! As soon as that happened she began to sleep through the night most of the time. Of course sometimes we have an off day but I'm so thankful for the improvement. Both of us needed the rest and it's much appreciated. She wakes up happy and ready to enjoy the rest of the day and is cheerful when she wakes up in the am. Thank you God! She of course is saying new words every week and can repeat almost anything. Her new thing is saying my name. Not my favorite development but what are you gonna to do? 
In weekly updates yesterday we celebrated Mark's 30th birthday! Happy Birthday Mark! I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I think Emerson is going to give him a run for his money to eat them all.

No comments: