Monday, August 26, 2013

This girl

summer1319
This girl cracks me up. So I thought I would share some of the things that come out of her mouth.

Fishing for compliments
Emerson requested to "fix" my hair. She spent time "braiding" it. When she was done she went up the stairs and turned to me and said, "Mommy, did you braid your hair all by yourself? You did a great job."

"No, Emerson you did my hair."

Emerson, "Oh, well thank you Mommy."

Dessert anyone

Emerson asked me what kind of ice cream would I like. I thought we were playing a pretend game so I got along and say strawberry. Then she agrees that strawberry is a great flavor. She asks me if we have any and when I say no she tells me I can go to the store and buy some since I want it. Did I just get swindled into buying ice cream??

Story time

The other night I was reading to the kids before bedtime. Ezra picks out a fairly long Cars book that has all the sound buttons. 

"Ezra that's loud for tonight."

Emerson: "Mom, you don't have to push them then."

"Thanks smarty."

Emerson: "My name's not Marty. When I was a baby you didn't name me Marty you named me Emerson."

"Thanks for clearing that up."

Dress-up

Me: "Is that what you are wearing?"

Emerson: "Yes, I'm going to look ridiculous all day."

Agreed



No comments: