Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happily surprised

So....We're having a baby! Mark and I are still getting use to the idea. After two days of freaking out, three positive HPT's, and disbelief it is starting to sink in. Plus the extreme bloating is pretty hard to ignore. (I'll post pics later) I feel like everyone can already tell but, Mark thinks I'm crazy. I was pleasantly surprised with how calm we have become and excited. We are going to try to keep this a secret awhile. We'll see how that goes. I was only asked four times yesterday when Mark and I were going to start a family.Haha. I try to brush it off without looking too obvious. But, I have a feeling I look coy. My first Doctor visit is in a week. When I first called I assumed they would want me to drive right on over. Little did I know they think HPT's are pretty reliable. So they don't want to see me until week 6 which is July 15th. Then in August we get to hear the heartbeat! I'm not sure I will stay with my regular Dr. but I assumed I would attend the first appointment until I can do my research. I'm interested in a birth center in Chapel Hill which makes Mark nervous. But, we are to attend a tour of the place and if insurance works out I hope to switch over. I really would prefer to have a midwife. If this place ends up being too pricey I have another option at UNC with a midwife. It is surprising how few midwives there are in the triangle. I did a search of NC and of course there are in the Western part of the state. But, I'm hoping things go smoothly in finding a place to give birth. Anyways did I mention I'm getting sooo excited!! Our baby will be here early March. :)

No comments: