Thursday, November 20, 2008

23 week belly pics



Here are my 23 week belly pics one week late. Little chica has been quite a kicker lately. I can literally see my belly move which is a little creepy and fun at the same time. I'm slowly transitioning into maternity clothes. Finally! I can still wear my pants with my bellaband but it's pretty painful. Luckily a friend gave me two pairs of maternity pants and it's awesome. Feels so much better! I did buy a long sleeve maternity tee two a few weeks back and it's almost already too small. :( So I'm trying to hold off as long as possible as it seems my clothes aren't gone to have much longevity. For now I'm stretching out my poor clothes and looking ridiculous. In other news we started childbirth classes and I love it! Mark and I are really enjoying them and learning a lot.  One of the best parts of the class is the homemade snacks. haha. We are also learning to tune out negativity. So if you don't have anything positive to say I don't want to hear it! ;) This means please don't tell me how much pain I'll be in, or that I'm nuts. I'll survive and I'll be much better off without the horror stories. Now that's off my chest...We also have started the nursery. Paint color is picked out, and the crib assembled. I'll post update pics when ever I get them uploaded. Mia on the other hand is a little bummed her bed is gone. But, it has forced her to spend more time with us. I've seen her more in the past week then I've seen her in the past 3 years. To make the transition easier I place her bed in the floor, so she hangs out there during the day wondering what the heck is going on. I started saying the word baby to her the other day and she whined. I'm not really sure what that means but I think she is sensing all the changes and doesn't know what to make of it.  Poor little pup.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

You look great!!! Work really hard to ignore the nay-sayers - your body was meant to give birth, and you CAN do it naturally!

And on a random sidenote, go to Motherhood Maternity and get the 'secret fit belly' maternity jeans. I hate maternity clothes, and hate Motherhood double b/c there stuff is all polyester, but those jeans are AMAZING. Mine fit from 12 weeks until I gave birth - literally, I had them on 6 hours before I went into labor.

The Landis Family said...

Thanks Nichole!